If the current series of Strictly Come Dancing hasn't already persuaded you to get on your dancing shoes, you definitely need to discover the magic that is Salsa. Sexy, sensual, great exercise and (minus the occasional over-excited men) really good fun, Salsa dancing is becoming increasingly popular across Britain. Lessons seem to be offered in almost every town, so there's no excuse not to give it go!
I've picked out five of the top Salsa clubs in London, and gathered together some visitor's comments so you can choose which ones might suit you best.
When: Monday to Sunday 5pm till 2am
Where: 490 Fulham Road, Fulham, London SW6 5NH
- "Friendly social dancing"
- "Great teachers"
- Ladies free on Thursday nights and discounted drinks on Monday nights
- "Too hot - could do with better air con"
When: Mondays, 6.40pm
Where: 24 Cornhill, London EC3 3ND
- "Friendly, welcoming atmosphere"
- "Good mix of men and women"
- Generous happy hour until 9pm
- "No real night club after the lessons"
3) Bar Salsa
When: Mon-Sat 5.30pm - 2.00am
Sundays 5.30pm - 1.00am
Where: 96 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0JG
- "Very professional teaching"
- Awesome music"
- "Plenty of space to dance"
- "Be prepared to be treated like a cheap sex toy on the dancefloor..."
- "Monday night is the only good night - the others aren't taken seriously"
When? Mondays, 7.30pm- 2am.
Where? 259 Upper Street, London N1 1RU
- "Informal, friendly vibe"
- "Fantastic music"
- "Too much Cuban Salsa - if you can't dance Cuban, this isn't the place for you"
- "The place is very small"
When? Mondays 7.30- late
Where? 67 London Road Twickenham, London TW1 3SZ
- "Relaxed, intimate and friendly"
- "Teachers give you good tips on styling"
- "Teachers really break the moves down so that everyone understands"
- "Music could be better"
Now here's a little video to get you in the Salsa mood ;)