If you intend to bag your guy/ girl via Facebook, the maintenance of your profile is vital. There are certain basic rules that need to be followed:
- Resist constantly updating your Facebook status or mindlessly 'liking' things - it only demonstrates your laziness and lack of social life.
- Choose your photos wisely, and remember to de-tag embarrassing ones!
- Avoid private jokes: they are ostracizing.
- Be selective with who you accept or add. Consider deleting everyone who serves only to expand your number of friends. You will escape their rarely interesting updates or any unwanted wall posts.
- Make your profile 'limited' for people you don’t want looking through your photos or at your wall posts.
- Be sparing with your information. Be yourself, but better. Your profile will thus be sufficiently mysterious and alluring.
The first step, compulsory and irresistable: the friend request to Daniel/ Danielle, the object of your desires. However, only do this if you have enough mutual friends not to look like a complete stalker.
Now for the trap which will surely lure him to you...
Take a look at his interests and hobbies, and find out the type of music he likes.
Go through your Facebook event invitations and choose ones which correspond with his tastes - for example a house party that will be playing drum & bass. RSVP 'Attending' and invite 253 friends, amongst whom just so happens to be darling Daniel. Favour a mid-week event: don’t risk letting it fall on a weekend that he’s busy.
Classic, effective, sans risque. Daniel turns up to the event, accompanied by his two minions who just serve to make him look even cuter…The rest can be left to Cupid, and of course alcohol.